Friday, October 30, 2015

Greenwood Fest in June, and spoon carving/bowl turning fun in August

I am pleased as punch with how many events are shaping up for green woodworkers this summer.  If you have not heard, the folks at Plymouth CRAFT are putting on a "Greenwood Fest" the weeknd of June 10th.  They have secured the venue: the lovely Pinewood's Camp.  They are also in the process of securing instructors.  David Fisher has already committed to being one, which in and of itself is a reason to go.  But if that was not enough, I have gotten a lot of teasing emails from Peter and Dave about who else might be coming.  I have been sworn to secrecy, but suffice to say, when this registration opens, you need to sign up.  Don't miss this if at all possible.  Follow CRAFT's newsletter or Facebook page to stay on top of things.

Also, on a much, much smaller scale, in early August I am hosting a small gathering of Northeastern carvers.  The folks coming are largely those that I have met through the wonderful gatherings at Oliver's.  I am just trying to share the love with a great bunch of people.  We will carve spoons, turn some bowls on my lathe, and generally enjoy summer in New Hampshire.  That weekend is also the New Hampshire Craftsmen's Fair, so we might take a trip over to Sunapee and take in that scene.  Should be a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment